SAT WRITING is now SAT WRITING AND LANGUAGEJune 20, 2016
The Writing and Language Section of the New SAT focuses on reading the given passage to locate the errors and flaws in the underlined words or phrases and to fix them. As such, practical skills needed for editing and proof- reading an essay or an article is what the New SAT test measures.
- The writing section has total four passages and all questions are multiple-choice question.
- Each passage consists of 11 questions: a total of 44 questions in 35 minutes.
- Some passages have graphical information linked to the passage and a couple of questions are based on the interpretation of these graphs.
- The writing is part of the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section with a total score of 800 for both reading and writing.
- Each of the underlined words or phrases must be read carefully to get the right answer. Some questions involve reading the whole passage and interpreting a graph. For instance, you may be asked to pick a sentence that corrects a false impression that elucidates the significance of the given data.
- The writing section passages range from social studies, humanities, science, careers and history.
The Writing and Language Test assesses a various skills.
- It tests the foundation of writing such as sentence structure, usage, and punctuation, change words, clauses, sentences, verb tense, parallel construction, subject-verb agreement, and comma use.
- A few questions ask you to pick the best words to use based on the content close to them. Your objective should be to create a reading passage that is accurate or succinct, or to improve the tone, style or syntax.
- Having command over evidence helps you to improve the way passages expand information and ideas. For example, the right answer choice would be to choose a response that hones a challenging claim or includes an important supporting point.
- A passage’s organization and impact is also tested. For instance, you may be asked about words or structural changes that improve the passage and how well its sentences and paragraphs work together.
- The four passages would be a combination of topics from history, social studies, and science and a critical eye is required to make editorial changes and correct errors.
This is what the questions look like
In the above example, we can see that the first question is a question related to tense, the second is a clause related question and the third is a question related to preposition. Option SAT Dubai provides all the support to its students to get their target score with the right tips and practice -oriented sessions.